EwasteR - Designing and Testing new management skills for the development of the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Recycling and Re-use System in Europe
Green skills in Poland. Promotional and networking event
On 30.06.2017 the Polish partners of EwasteR project - Educational Research Institute (IBE), Institute of Environmental Protection (IEP-NRI) and Institute for Private Enterprise and Democracy (IPED) - organised the event “Green skills in Poland. Promotional and networking event”. During the event the projects aiming at the development of qualifications, development and implementation of training programs and certification systems in the area of green jobs were presented, among them EwasteR project. Participants represented HE institutions, research institutes, training organisations and NGOs. The event gave the participants the opportunity to have the overview of activities implemented in Poland in the qualification and training development in the selected sectors of green economy - sustainable development, waste management, environmental testing, renewable energy (photovoltaics). There is demand for green skills in many sectors and the need for their development and recognition. At the end of the event Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Program was also presented.
The EwasteR Consortium is composed of 13 organisations from four different countries – Cyprus, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom. The project is managed by E.RI.FO - Ente per la Ricerca e Formazione (Rome, Italy).
EwasteR Project envisages the following strategy and activities to achieve its specific objectives and aims in three years:
- Identify the current qualification routes and the occupational profiles across Europe that are relevant to the field of E-Waste Recycling and Re-Use management, exchanging experience, practice and strategies to raise awareness among key stakeholders on the potential of reuse to generate employment opportunities and revenue.
- Develop a new professional qualification using EU criteria (ECVET-EQAVET) that delivers relevant skills, knowledge and competencies for E-Waste Recycling and Re-Use management professionals, which will be piloted through innovative VET experience (classroom; open management school; virtual mobility) and work-based learning activities (Labs-shadowing).
- Provide a Handbook for the final transparent recognition and validation process for the assessment of learning outcomes developed during the Pilot experiences to facilitate labour mobility, mutual trust and increased recognition of qualifications at European level within the sector.
- Create a new Project Open Web-Area to share information, practice, research, tools and expertise across the sector during and beyond the lifespan of the Project.
- Provide a package of VET tools and instruments that deliver transferable skills and competencies that facilitate the mobility of VET learners and workers across Europe.
- Invigorate the E-Waste Recycling and Re-Use management business area in Europe to encourage the conversion from informal to formal business.